101 Photo Club
Welcome to 101 Photo Club. Formed in January, 2016, the club is a group of professionals and amateurs that networks on a regular basis to learn and improve the craft of photography and to engage commercial photography.
We appreciate photography as an art.
We communicate ideas through photography.
We network to inspire each other.
We use photography to serve the community.
We grow together.
COMMUNICATE * INSPIRE * SERVE * GROW
- Monthly networking event
- Educational seminar by renowned photographers
- Photography outings and glamour model shoots
- Portfolio showcase on Club’s website
- Exhibits at public venues
- Photo competitions
- 30% discount on Workshop fees
- 10% discount on Photography Class fees
And many more…
Our regular meeting is 1st Tuesday of each month 7:00-9:30pm at River of Life Christian Church, 1177 Laurelwood Road, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Best Photography Places San Francisco Bay Area - By David Coleman
Creative Photography - Yao-Pi Hsu
Location: River of Life Christian Church, Fellowship Hall,
1177 Laurelwood Road, Santa Clara, CA 95054
When: Tuesday. March 5, 2019 from 7:00PM - 9:30PM
Topic: Creative photography
I got into photography few years before I retired from a career of 34 years working at bio-science research field. In the beginning, I tried to take photos of landscapes when I travel. With time, experiences and influence from other photographers and artists, I tried to capture the grand scenic landscape icons also pay more attention to small objects and hidden scenes along the way.
Water is one of my favorite photo subjects. Water is everywhere. You can take good photos from scenic lakes as big as famous Lake Tahoe, also from a small water puddle in your back yard.
Objects around the water cast reflections onto the water. Light reaches water and generates colors. Wind blows through the water surface generate movements. The interplay of reflections, movements, and colors are always changing and they provide wonderful photo subjects waiting for me to capture.
When traveling, I do not carry heavy photo equipment and tripod. In order not to miss the great landscape sceneries. I learned and tried to take shots from the window of a moving bus and window of an airplane. I am not a brave, adventure person to drive to remote places by myself for photo outings. In my situation my approach towards taking photo is be spontaneous, take the situation and make the best of it.
- “Life.Water.” at Gallery South, 14440 Big Basin Way, Saratoga, CA. January 15-Feb28, 2019
- "Beautiful Transformation" at Olive Hyde Art Gallery, January 5 - February 11, 2017, Fremont, CA.
- “Life .Water.” at EcoCenter, December 9, 2016 - February 10, 2017 Palo Alto, CA.
- “Life .Water.” at Triton Museum of Art, September 26-November 29, 2015 Santa Clara CA.
- Permanent Collection (30 pieces of photographs) Exhibit at Water's Edge Health & Wellness Center,
Lone Pine Village, 201 Osprey Lane West, The Dalles , Oregon 97058
Admission is $25 at the door. Free for 101 photo club members.
Pre-register [click here to register now] to receive a $5 discount on the admission fee.