101 Photo Club
Welcome to 101 Photo Club. Formed in January, 2016, the club is a group of professionals and amateurs that networks on a regular basis to learn and improve the craft of photography and to engage commercial photography.
We appreciate photography as an art.
We communicate ideas through photography.
We network to inspire each other.
We use photography to serve the community.
We grow together.
COMMUNICATE * INSPIRE * SERVE * GROW
- Monthly networking event
- Educational seminar by renowned photographers
- Photography outings and glamour model shoots
- Portfolio showcase on Club’s website
- Exhibits at public venues
- Photo competitions
- 30% discount on Workshop fees
- 10% discount on Photography Class fees
And many more…
Our regular meeting is 1st Tuesday of each month 7:00-9:30pm at River of Life Christian Church, 1177 Laurelwood Road, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Best Photography Places San Francisco Bay Area - By David Coleman
Join 101Photoclub Line or WeChat group by scan the QR code below
Line Group WeChat Group
- Jan 8 Documentary Wedding Photography - Jon Sun www.studiokibo.com
- Feb 12 Travel Photography - John Gayler
- Mar 5 Creative Photography - Yao-Pi Hsu www.yaopiphoto.com
- Apr 2 On-location Portrait - Suzette Allen www.suzetteallen.com
- May 7 Safari Photography - Jeff Cable www.jeffcable.com
- Jun 8 Portrait Shooting
- July 9 Planning for Astrophotography - Jing Wee
- Aug 6 Iceland - John Gayler
- Sep 3 Visual Storytelling - David Coleman www.davidcolemanphotography.com
- Oct 1 Capturing Color in Motion - Serena Hartoog
- Nov 5 Photo Competition - All
Twenty Strategies in Composition - Mark Grzan
Location: River of Life Christian Church, Fellowship Hall,
1177 Laurelwood Road, Santa Clara, CA 95054
When: Tuesday. Jan 7, 2020 from 7:00PM - 9:30PM
Twenty Strategies in Composition
Mark will speak to us on the topic of Photo Composition an essential component to compelling images. The premise “seeing the photo” actually begins with an understanding of compositional techniques such as leading lines, juxtaposition, depth of field, break in patterns, and so many more. Without composition, photographs are without interest, confusing and lack the critical story telling function that make the image relevant. While many are aware of perhaps the rule-of-thirds, there are so many more. Mark will share images and discuss compositional techniques in an open format that allows for discussion. Please join us for a wonderful two hours on Tuesday, January 07, 2020 at the 101 Photo Club.
About Mark Grzan
Mark Grzan is a current photography instructor for over 20 years at Gavilan and Foothill Colleges and has literally taught thousands of students. Mark is also a member of the Morgan Hill Photography Club where he has led photo excursions to our National Parks and Monuments, the California Coast and cities. He is a Nikon shooter, with an expanded resume that includes studio work, landscapes, portraiture, street, and macro photography. His current project is to photograph dancers at the major colleges in the Bay Area. This fall Mark and his team will photograph dancers at UC Berkeley.
Visit https://www.mgrzan.photography/ to see Mark’s work and his most recent project, photographing student dancers at San Jose State University on April 24, 2019.
Admission is $25 at the door. Free for 101 photo club members.
Pre-register [click here to register now] to receive a $5 discount on the admission fee.