Creative Photography - Yao-Pi Hsu (7:00 PM PST)
Creative Photography - Yao-Pi Hsu
Location: River of Life Christian Church, Fellowship Hall,
1177 Laurelwood Road, Santa Clara, CA 95054
When: Tuesday. March 5, 2019 from 7:00PM - 9:30PM
Topic: Creative photography
I got into photography few years before I retired from a career of 34 years working at bio-science research field. In the beginning, I tried to take photos of landscapes when I travel. With time, experiences and influence from other photographers and artists, I tried to capture the grand scenic landscape icons also pay more attention to small objects and hidden scenes along the way.
Water is one of my favorite photo subjects. Water is everywhere. You can take good photos from scenic lakes as big as famous Lake Tahoe, also from a small water puddle in your back yard.
Objects around the water cast reflections onto the water. Light reaches water and generates colors. Wind blows through the water surface generate movements. The interplay of reflections, movements, and colors are always changing and they provide wonderful photo subjects waiting for me to capture.
When traveling, I do not carry heavy photo equipment and tripod. In order not to miss the great landscape sceneries. I learned and tried to take shots from the window of a moving bus and window of an airplane. I am not a brave, adventure person to drive to remote places by myself for photo outings. In my situation my approach towards taking photo is be spontaneous, take the situation and make the best of it.
- “Life.Water.” at Gallery South, 14440 Big Basin Way, Saratoga, CA. January 15-Feb28, 2019
- "Beautiful Transformation" at Olive Hyde Art Gallery, January 5 - February 11, 2017, Fremont, CA.
- “Life .Water.” at EcoCenter, December 9, 2016 - February 10, 2017 Palo Alto, CA.
- “Life .Water.” at Triton Museum of Art, September 26-November 29, 2015 Santa Clara CA.
- Permanent Collection (30 pie