101 Photo Club
Welcome to 101 Photo Club. Formed in January, 2016, the club is a group of professionals and amateurs that networks on a regular basis to learn and improve the craft of photography and to engage commercial photography.
We appreciate photography as an art.
We communicate ideas through photography.
We network to inspire each other.
We use photography to serve the community.
We grow together.
COMMUNICATE * INSPIRE * SERVE * GROW
- Monthly networking event
- Educational seminar by renowned photographers
- Photography outings and glamour model shoots
- Portfolio showcase on Club’s website
- Exhibits at public venues
- Photo competitions
- 30% discount on Workshop fees
- 10% discount on Photography Class fees
And many more…
Join 101Photoclub Line or WeChat group by scan the QR code below
Line Group WeChat Group
- Aug (8/5-8/26) Sat. Smartphone Photography Class
- Sep (9/9-10/14) Sat. Digital Photography Class
Digital Photography - Beginner Class
When: 9/9, 9/16, 9/23, 9/30, 10/7, 10/14
Time: Saturday 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Where: River of Life Christian Church 生命河靈糧堂
1177 Laurelwood Rd, Santa Clara, CA 95054
This course is an introduction to basic digital photography for those who like to advance their photography skill from a conventional point-and-shoot smart phone camera to a DSLR/Mirrorless or similar camera with interchangeable lenses. In addition to giving lectures, the class will have images critiques to review students’ images taken during the week. Also at the end of each class, either an indoor or outdoor outing photography event will be presented.
1. Have a phone camera or a DSLR/Mirrorless similar camera with interchangeable lenses.
2. Photo editing software. Classroom demos will use Adobe Lightroom.
3. Submit at least one photo weekly to Facebook. Instructor will review these images for everyone to comment during the class.
1. Saturday -- 2:00-3:00pm Course Instrution
3:00-3:45pm Images Critique/ Q&A
4:00-Sunset Photo Outing
Click to reserver your seat.
Photo Class for Members $70
Photo Class for Non-Members $80
($90 for Class + Membership)
Week 1 (9/9): Gear Introduction and Basic Operation
Topic: 1. What camera, lens and tripod to have
2. Know shooting in auto exposure and auto focus mode
3. Download photos from SD and mail
4. Auto focus mode operation
Goal: Familiar with DSLR functions and taking photos from a DSLR camera in auto mode.
Week 2 (9/16): Aperture and Speed Priority Operation
Topics: 1. Exposure triangle A, S and ISO
2. Exposure control. Exposure compensation. Read power meter and histogram
3. Review of Auto focus control in various auto focus mode and point selection
4. White balance, depth of field.
Goal: Familiar A, S and ISO and shoot at Aperture, Shutter priority mode.
Week 3 (9/23): Manual mode and Auto ISO mode Operation
Topics: 1. Review exposure triangle A, S and ISO
2. Shoot at manual and auto ISO mode
3. Take sharp photos
4. Favorite lenses
5. Raw or JPEG
Goal: Confident in shooting at Aperture, Shutter priority, manual or Auto ISO mode
Week 4 (9/30): Post process and Digital Workflow
Topics: 1. Introduce available photo editing software
2. Image files management
3. Lightroom and digital workflow
4. Basic Photo editing skill
5. Photo editing guideline
Goal: Photo editing capability
Week 5 (10/07): Landscape Photography
Topics: 1. The gear: lenses, filters, UV, polarizer, ND, GND, reverse GND
2. The settings, long exposure, manual focus
Goal: Take scenery photos in golden or blue hours.
Week 6 (10/14): Portrait Photography
Topics: 1. The gear : lenses, reflector
2. The settings: A, S, M and ISO.
3. Basic lighting scheme in natural light or continuous light
4. Basic Pose
Goal: Know lighting pattern, pose guide line and take portrait with decent pose and exposure under natural or continuous light